Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stuff In General and Stuffy

First, the stuff. We thought we would see Igor last night, after his journey up to Kiev for us and a short time with his family. No sign yet. We do know his mother, who lives here in Kherson, is having a birthday today, and he planned to be back with her for that. He's probably back at the flat as we speak. We'll post his news when we get it. May he have good news from the SDA.

You know how sometimes we learn more about our children when we are furthest away from them? That's when we see things we may not notice when we're all together in a regular routine? Well, please pray that our kids back home will be living at their fullest potential while we wait to be together again. There have been some bumps along the way and our desire is that everyone will have good memories and good relationships with each other when this whole adoption process is complete.

Why the word stuffy? That's what Maxim is today. He has a cold and cough. He was definitely more quiet than usual today and not quite as energetic. The caretakers were quick to tell us he should not spend any time on the floor playing today.

Our visit was just over an hour, as only shorter times are allowed at this point on weekends. Okay, today, since he does have the cold and it's chilly and wet outside so we couldn't go out.

3 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Sorry little guy is getting a cold and the other kids are missing their routine with you too! Hope you hear from Igor soon (We have Tamara's phone numbers too if you need. Do you have a phone in your flat?)

Anonymous said...

Hello!
It's so great reading about your experiences in Ukraine. It's very encouraging and exciting to hear how God has been working in your time there. You and Daniel both are in my prayers. I'm so excited for you both. What an incredible opportunity. God bless your week. Oh, and happy belated Anniversary, and thanksgiving.
Melissa miller

Becky J. said...

Hi Jenna & Daniel,
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and thoughts along the way. I am praying regularly for you all. Reading your comments about life apart from family, I think of the two times in my life that I lived away from family as a child-each time for about two weeks, with friends whom my parents knew well, but I did not know so well. In the long run, I recognize them as rich times where I learned to more greatly appreciate my family and turn to God on my own. I am sure that this is not how it appeared to my parents, but as I look back, that is how it is/was for me. I pray that this is the same for your children here.
Today the ground is covered with snow and there is a deep chill in the air. Today we dive into school again and prepare for a plethora of concerts, recitals, and music, in addition to preparing for the Science/History Fair at TRC and just the general business of school and life.
Steven returns to work after a week off. Everyone there was warned before the vacation to expect lay offs to begin after the break. There was no work for a week during the break. We will see what comes to pass now.
Sure glad our sure hope is in God.
Becky